Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This came in from a Frustrated Mom from Pennsylvania a couple of Days a go… Schools are supposedly all “Bully-Free” zones today… this needs to STOP!

Hi: I am writing you about my son who is being bullied... Well on Tuesday, he got into a fight with a child who has been bullying him for months now. The child threw him to the ground and hit his head off the pavement! No teachers saw what had happened apparently, but a child did pull the bully off my son. My son was sent to the nurse’s office, she called me and asked me to come in and evaluate the situation. My son had a bloody goose egg on the back of his head, a bloody lip and nose, he had abrasions and bruises all over his back, side and elbow... I took him to the doctor and they looked him over. He had a concussion. The bully is not in any large amount of trouble!!! He had to have a meeting with my son today at school, they also contacted his parents and he lost recess for 5 days!!! REALLY??? My son is high functioning autistic; he has an anxiety disorder and a few other problems. He is shy, backwards and isn't social, so regardless if I sound like the "Over protective" mother, I know for a fact my son did nothing to deserve this! The police or the school isn't willing to do anything and I am at my wit’s end! If I pull him out of school to be home schooled, not only will it set him back in his therapy and social skills, but also the bullies will win! I am at a loss. If there is anything you could do to help me, PLEASE I am begging you, tell me what to do and I will do it! Thank you!!!!

And something that I just found out today out of the meeting.... Since the child sat down with my son and talked it out with him, he is NOT in any trouble at all!!! So since he now wants to be friends with the child he gave a concussion to, he doesn't have to have any consequences... I am REALLY upset about this!!

Frustrated in Pennsylvania


Today’s Posts:

He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that.
- John Stuart Mill

The anti-bullying philosophy Olweus has spawned can be summed up as follows:

"You are entitled to live in a world without mean people. If people repeatedly treat you badly, please don't think it has anything to do with you, your attitudes or your behavior; it is only because of them. You are not strong or smart enough to make them stop, nor is it your responsibility to do so. Just inform the authorities when people upset you, and the authorities will make them stop."

Fear less, hope more;
eat less, chew more:
whine less, breathe more;
talk less, say more;
love more and all good things in life will come to you.

Share/Like/Be the Difference... "Be a Friend"
SBCFoundation


No comments:

Post a Comment