Thursday, March 14, 2013

Inspiring Letter...

Submitted By a Supporter this month...

I am 38 years old. For the first time in my life, I like me. I was bullied starting in seventh grade. At first it seem like it was just joking but then it truned nasty. As the years went by the bullying got worse. It became a contest to see who could be meaner. To the bullies it was a game and they loved every minute of it. It just wasn't one person, it seemed like it was everyone. The mere thought of my name, enraged them with such hatred, that they went out of their way to hurt me. This was not bullying, this was abuse, assalt and harassment. I was chased by kids with baseball bats. I would be walking down the street and kids would jump out of cars and beat me up. I would be on the bus and they would open the doors and push me out while the bus was in motion. Or better yet hold on to my bag and make the bus drag me. I would be pushed down the steps in school. I would have everyone spit on me as I walked by. I never knew why my name brought so much animosity. I was hit by a car and shattered my knee. I hoped that this would give me a reprieve. But it didn't. kids made up stories on how they saved me or they were there and I didn't say thank you. I fell in front of a classroom. I have a full leg cast on, and I can't get up. The teacher saw me and with his foot, pushed me out of his doorway and shut it. I tried killing myself several times but was always afraid. We called the cops, they said there was nothing they could do. We talk to the school again no help. It is my word against their's. Even now on facebook, a class photo will appear, and someone from my class will make a comment.

I read about school's no tolerance policy. To me it is a joke. Kids defending themselves are getting expelled and the bully walk free. You never hear of a bully being expelled. Because most of the kids doing it are on the football team and we cant destroy that. We are not allowed to call them a bully because they have feelings. It really angers me!

I am really excited about these websites. It gives me hope. That there maybe change. Help for kids out there who are suffering. For the first time in 27 years, I am not afraid to leave my house. I never stayed at home, I was not going to let them win. But entering a new place or situtation, it filled me with so much anxiety, that it scared me. I couldn't breath. I also didn't talk about it. It was like a dirty little secret. But everyone knew. and talking about it now, has made it easier. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. And I have a son who thinks I created the world and a wife who adores me. I wish more could be done to protect these young kids. But until we learn to treat each other with respect and common decency, this will continue. To the parents of victims, please hold tight, always make your children feel special and fight. To the victims of bullying. You are special. Never give up. Your life will get better!

Thank you

"Like Us" on Facebook
"Follow US" on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment