Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mitchell Wilson bullying case: Not-guilty verdict for accused attacker

As I read the article below my heart was filled with anguish, and my head was full of questions. What drives an 11 year old to commit suicide? This story probably hits close to home for me because I have an 11 year old son myself. What goes through an 11 year old boy's head before he tries to kill himself? How does one so young feel such desperation and hopelessness. And to worsen the fresh wound of loss for the parents, it seems as though justice wasn't served. What preventative action(s) could have been done before a horrific tragedy occured. I believe that the proper education and research on bully prevention is becoming more and more crucial. That we don't become immune or turn the other way when we see yet another "anti-bully" slogan or promotion awareness. We need to be alert to bully awareness and that it's not just becoming the new trend. I invite you to stop by our website to view our short video on "Is your child being bullied" It lists the signs and symptoms of a child being bullied.

Tammy B

Read Full Article - Mitchell Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment